Uzoamaka Akunne, CEO of Chocolate Kraft reveals to us her Inspiration as a Hat Designer

NOW, TELL US ABOUT WHAT INSPIRED YOUR JOURNEY INTO THE HAT MAKING BUSINESS?
My journey into the hat business was inspired by the passion to create something I could wear. I am a Creative, I love working with my hands. I also make beaded jewelries, this I had started long before I got into millinery.
WHAT INSPIRES YOUR CREATIVITY WHEN MAKI NG HATS?
My inspiration in making hats stems from my environment, from the internet to what's around us. I can see a hat and I love the look, I can recreate it but I would do a little tweak to it. This gives it a different look. Inspiration is gotten from everywhere really.
LOOKING AT OUR TRADITION IN NIGERIA, THE IDEA OF WEARING HATS OR FASCINATORS, IS THE WESTERN CULTURE, SO HOW DO YOU INFUSE THE AFRICAN STYLE?
Well wearing hats is the western culture, and we have adopted it. In making hats I infuse the African culture by using materials like Ankara, Asò Ókè, and fabrics that reflect our culture.

WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES YOU HAVE FACED SO FAR IN RUNNING THIS BUSINESS?
The challenges faced in this business are basically marketing, funding.
SO, HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO CARVE A NICHE FOR YOURSELF, DESPITE THE COMPETITION OUT THERE?
Carving a niche, I have stayed consistent in my business, paying attention to details, make sure my clients.
A YOUNG FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR OUT THERE IS THINKING OF FOLLOWING YOUR FOOT STEPS, WHAT WOULD YOU TELL HER?
Whatever you want to do, start now, don't wait and say you are too old to learn a skill, if you don't, you will still advance in age and you wouldn't have learnt that skill.
Instagram handle: @chocolatekraft

Follow on Instagram @womenconnectng 
Follow on twitter @WomenconnectNig
Follow and like Facebook Page womenconnectwithoyinlolasale 
Don't Forget to Subscribe to our YouTube page, Women Connect Nigeria




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ajoke Erogbogbo-Gbeleyi releases latest Album titled Supreme Women

Meet Dr. Jumoke Odunsi, a Pioneer of the Health and Social Care Industry

Nneka Isaac-Moses Reveals the Creation of Goge Africa in this Exclusive Interview with Women Connect